Select a topic
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on a computer, tablet or mobile when you browse the Internet which allows that computer, tablet or mobile device to be recognised when the site is visited again. Cookies placed by us, our commercial partners or other third parties when you visit this website do not recognise you personally; they recognise the device you are using. Cookies allow several important features on the website, such as making bookings and returning to pages that you have searched. They also help to keep the website secure, remember your preferences and personalise content on the website so that it is more relevant to you – they won’t harm your device in any way.
Why do we have a cookies policy?
We like to be as open with you as possible about what you can expect when you visit our website. Our implementation of a cookies policy also allows us to comply with necessary government legislation.
Our cookies policy
Here is some info about the four different categories of cookie you may come across:
These cookies remember the choices you have made on the website, such as different searches, and provide enhanced, personalised features. They can also be used to provide services you have requested, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies can only tell us how you move around this website, not other websites.
These enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as the secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, functionality like shopping baskets and access to your orders could not be provided.
These cookies collect information about how you use the website, such as which pages you visit most often, and if you get error messages on any of the pages. The information gleaned from these cookies is only ever used to improve how the website works.
It is up to you whether or not you allow cookies to be placed on your device, and you have control over whether or not to allow them.
What happens if I don't allow cookies?
If cookies aren't enabled on your device, your experience on the website may be limited. You may not have the opportunity to browse fully and freely or add products to your basket and purchase them.
How do I disable or enable cookies?
You will need to disable or enable cookies via your internet browser. For information on how to manage cookies your tablet or mobile, please take a look at your device’s documentation, or online help files. Here is some info about how to manage cookies in your browser:
- In the settings menu, select 'show advanced settings' at the bottom of the page
- Select the 'content settings' button in the privacy section
- The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- In the tools menu, select 'options'
- Select the privacy tab in the options box
- From the dropdown choose, 'use custom settings for history'. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tick box.
Internet Explorer 6+
- In the ‘Tools’ menu, select 'Internet options'
- Click on the ‘privacy’ tab
- You will see a ‘privacy settings’ slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- In the settings menu, select the 'preferences' option
- Open the privacy tab
- Select the option you want from the 'block cookies' section
For information on how to manage cookies via all other browsers, please consult the appropriate documentation or online help files.